My friend Kirstin published this meme. I enjoyed reading her responses and thought I'd give it a try.
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like both
- Real tree or artificial? Generally real and this year we tried potted.
- When do you put up the tree? No specific time.
- When do you take the tree down? Soon after new years, though I think my husband would like to keep it up for weeks.
- Do you like eggnog? Not really. I’ve never been a milk drinker.
- Favorite gift received as a child? The stove and refrigerator my father made me when I was little. I loved that when you flipped the switch, the burners lit up.
- Hardest person to buy for? No one comes to mind.
- Easiest person to buy for? My mother. She loves everything.
- Do you have a nativity scene? No.
- Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and hopefully we’ll get those out soon.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Well I didn't like it very much...mittens from my aunt. I was 8 or 9, it was boring. However, days later when I tried them on, I found money in each one. That was incredible.
- Favorite Christmas movie? Emmet Otter’s Jug Band Christmas
- Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Umm…everything. Chocolate Crinkles.
- Lights on the tree? Of course! All white.
- Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night. I love hearing my father sing it.
- Travel at Christmas
or stay home? Travel to
Georgia and Maine.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Yup…I can still sing them out thanks to Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.
- Angel on the tree top or a star? We have used the same star made of aluminum foil for the past 8 years.
- Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Sometimes people are grumpy. I don’t get it.
- Favorite ornament theme or color? I don’t think I follow any theme or color. I go holiday rogue.
- What do you want for Christmas this year? Good memories to keep forever.
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? November probably, but Grant and I picked up a gift for his sister this summer.
- Favorite Christmas dinner? Tofurkey and all the fixins. Christmas breakfast also has it’s traditional foods…ployes, cinnamon rolls…I used to eat egg-bake but I haven’t figured out how to veganize that one yet.